Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baby update

On Dec. 23rd we had an ultrasound. Taylor was unable to make it so I went alone.

First off when I got there they didn't even take me back until 3:40pm and my appt was at 3:00.
Finally the Tech came and got me and she wasn't very friendly, she asked why I was there and what Dr. Hall was looking for in this ultrasound.
So she takes all the pictures she needs and then does the baby's measurements, pretty normal U/S visit up to this point. Then She turns the screen so I am not able to see much and she is pushing VERY hard on my stomach looking at "something", she was silent and making weird faces. Then she asked if I have been having any pain. I said "Well don't all pregnant women have pain?" No response back from the her. This went on for about 20-25 min. I asked if the baby had caught up and she said yes she is only 3 days behind now. Then she stopped doing the ultrasound and said "Don't wipe the gel off ,the Radiologist is going to have to look!" and she walks out of the room, leaving me terrified. I'm all alone, I have no idea whats going on, I cried a little thinking that something is seriously wrong with me or the baby. Finally after about 30 min she came back in and said "Ok you can go." So I started to get up and clean the gel off and I said "Well is everything ok?" She wouldn't look me in the eye, she kept cleaning things up and said "Your Dr. will call you with the results."
So here I am walking out of the Imaging center terrified and alone, Dr Hall's office is closed, Taylor won't answer the phone, I just started to bawl. People are calling me to see how the ultrasound went and I didn't even want answer the phone until I could talk to Taylor.
Taylor Finally called me back and we talked. I felt much better after telling him about my expirience. But we both figured that if something was seriously wrong the Imageing center would contact Dr. Hall and he would call me.
So over the holiday and weekend I lost much sleep and worried quite a bit. But I made it through the weekend. On Monday I wasn't going to wait for Dr. Hall to call me. At 8:45am I called him and he said that he had been at the office for 30 min and I was the 4th woman to call with concerns about thier ultrasound results. He said he was sorry that I worried all weekend but both the baby and I are fine, no need to worry. He said she caught up but he might change my due date from the 18th of Feb to the 27th....I'm thinking he should leave it the 18th!
Needless to say Monday night I slept like a rock!!!

I had an appt yesterday (29th) and Dr Hall went over what to do if I go into labor and told me I can't be more than an hour away from the hospital after Jan 10th. It's coming so quickly!

Since we couldn't find the camera cord Taylor ordered one so I could put up pictures of the baby's room, basement and Christmas. It came and it's the wrong cord. So Pictures will come sometime soon.

Scott and Shellie came over Saturday while Taylor was at work and helped me moved the office downstairs and Shellie helped me organize the closet and Scott put together the crib and my stroller/carseat. THANK YOU SCOTT AND SHELLIE!!! I feel so much better that is done! I love walked passed her room now and its not just full of boxes. Taylor says when we get back from the cabin we can get her room painted and I can't wait for that. I'm getting super excited! :) The basement is looking awesome too! We are almost finished. They are finishing the tile in the bathroom this week and then cabinets come next week and then all we have is to finish the outlets. It feels like we have a whole other house now that its almost complete! Pictures to come soon!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. We are headed to the cabin for New Years. It will be good to just relax and have no worries. Hope you all have a Happy New year!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, man! Sorry about the concerning ultra sound. That sounds awful! I'm so glad everything is ok. I can't believe you're due so soon. It probably hasn't gone as quickly for you, huh? :)

Oh, and I want a recipe for marshmallow caramel corn!

Colette said...

Okay I would be so mad if I were you and I hope that your doctor talks to them about your ultra sound. You should not have had to go through that, especially over the weekend!! HELLO!! I can't wait to see the pictures. Have a great New Years. I can't believe your little one will be here so soon!

manda baker said...

Oh geez! I would be freaking out too. Another baby soon :) I cant wait! Have fun at the cabin, I know you will miss me dearly, no night riding on lakes now :) love you Lynds!

Missy said...

Oh my word, I'm so sorry about the ultrasound tech; that is so frustrating! I'm so relieved to hear that the doctor feels good about things. Well I'm living in IF now, so we'll have to get together next week, okay?

chelseyandmatt said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I can't even imagine! I am glad everything is okay! i am most likely making a trip home the end of January--too bad not the end of February..but would love to see you with your big belly :)

Doug and Kate said...

Thanks stinks Lynds! Its so fun to look forward to ultrasounds and then when ya have one like that its a bummer! I loved Dr. Hall tho. He is so nice and will be so good do work with during the delivery! I'm so excited to meet this little Miss Morrow!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you had such a crappy ultrasound experience! That tech didn't seem too considerate. I was feeling your irritation as I read the post! Glad to hear all is well though. There is nothing more terrifying than knowing something is wrong with your baby. I can't wait to see these pictures!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

I would have been livid with that ultrasound tech! She should know better than to freak out a pregnant woman! I am glad that everything is okay though! Can't wait to see that baby girl when she is born!