Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New book!


I ordered this book a week or so ago and it finally got here yesterday. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 years ago. Celiac disease is where you body is intolerant to gluten, which is in wheat, rye, oats and barley. This disease is actually becoming pretty common. I have read many books and Internet articles and also tried many foods, some delicious and some pretty disgusting. My grandma and Shellie have also tried many recipes for me.

When Taylor and I first got married I would make two different things for dinner, and boy did that get old. So a few times I just made his food the way I make mine and he didn't notice. So now when I make Spaghetti or Lasagna I just make it with my noodles to make it easier on me. The Gluten Free foods are more expensive. I usually get them at Fred Meyers, Albertsons, or Broliums.

Going out to eat and eating at other peoples homes is a difficult thing for me. I try to eat before I go to other homes to make it easier on them and me. Scott, Shellie and my grandparents try really hard to make sure that I can eat with them. They are very careful about what they have too. At some restaurants they have gluten free menu's. That is always helpful. Most of the time I am limited to a corn shell Taco or a hamburger minus the bun. But I survive.

I am very grateful for the technologies that we have to diagnose diseases because I was so sick. I lost somewhere between 30-40 lbs. I was disgustingly thin. I have gained quite a bit of it back and I am feeling really well.

This is pretty much the most random, dumb post but I am just really excited about my new book!

8 comments:

Judy said...

Wow I have heard alot about this. I am so glad you are doing better. I hope the book has lots of good info for you. Thanks for sharing. Seems everyone has their own stuff to deal with. This is a hard one because everything has glutten in it. (well lots of things) You are amazing. Sure do love ya!

Missy said...

Lynds, I'm so glad that you found this book. I love the author too by the way; you will have to let us know how you like it. I know that it's been hard for you to deal with this, but I'm just so glad that you're feeling good now and figured out what it was. About your comment on my blog, we do need to get together. Let me know when works for you guys.

Steph said...

I'm excited that you found this book. I hope it's a good one. You'll have to let us know. I'm glad you know what you need to do so you can feel better, even if it's hard. Good luck!

Kristin said...

This book looks really interesting! I am definitely going to have to pick it up so I can learn some more little tricks!

chelseyandmatt said...

You are such a sweetheart! I love this post, and so awesome that you found this book to help out with everything! I can't think of things to cook for dinner even when I can include glutten! How is everything else going? It's always good to hear from you:)

chelseyandmatt said...

school is fine..my afternoon class got cancelled today so I am so very happy! Yes, we are coming up next weekend!! What are you up to this summer?

chelseyandmatt said...

oops...one more thing. How do you get the pictures of everyone underneath their names with when they updated on your blog??

manda baker said...

This makes me smile and member those DELICIOUS brownies :)but I;m glad you are doing better and I love looking at the waitress/waiter every time you order a burger :) but glad you found something you can make to eat and not get sick!