Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend

This is a rock we had done for my dad a few months after he passed away.
This is the back of my dad's headstone. He hated this picture but it was the most recent one we had at the time of his passing.
This is the front of the headstone. You can't see too much of it because of all the beautiful flowers from Memorial Day.

Front of the headstone again.

This Memorial Weekend was filled with action. Friday we just worked on the yard! We are hoping to get the back patio poured this weekend so we can work on the sprinkler system and the grass. I can't wait!

Saturday I was suppose to help in the yard but Shellie, Tanner and Tenille came to the house to pick up my car to take to Utah to go see Shellie's nephew, Tyson. He returned from a mission in Washington. Well I decided to head down with them. So we went to Tai Pan and ate lots of food and partied. Those Hix's sure know how to PARTY!

Sunday Taylor, Scott, Tasi and Tyler came down and we went to church for Tyson's report and it was awesome. After church we went and ate and partied some more and then came home. It was a quick trip but so fun to see all the family.

Monday I went to visit dad's grave and take him some fresh flowers. His headstone is the most beautiful one I have ever seen. It is honestly the most unique headstone. He is buried in the Iona Cemetery. Then I took some flowers to Grandpa Morrow's grave. Then off to the golf course with Grandma, Grandpa and Jason. It was fun. I am not the best golfer but I sure make it entertaining for everyone! When Taylor got off work we went and visited the both Dad and Grandpa Morrow's graves.

We had a great weekend. It just went by way too fast.

We also are so excited to be getting a dog. My younger sister Lexie called me Monday and asked if we would like my Dad's little buddy Tate. I am super excited. We were going to get a dog as soon as we had grass but oh well. We are going to bring him home this weekend. I am sure it will be hard for Mitch, Lexie and Cole to part with him but they can come and see him whenever they want. So for now that is our expansion to our little family.

I will try to update this more often. I will get some pictures of the yard progress and post them for all of you too see. So far we just have lots and lots of dirt!!!


6 comments:

Judy said...

What a beautiful marker for your Dad! I love the picture on the back. It is so much fun putting in a yard. Soooooo much work. And you have the best mother in law ever! So fun you could go with her. Sure love all you guys!

Missy said...

Your dad's grave looked awesome, we went by it Monday while we were at the cemetary visiting my grandpa and uncle's graves. The flowers you guys put out are always so pretty, it looked wonderful! Sounds like you had fun in Utah, I love Tai Pan! I bet you'll be excited to get your yard in!

The "Hix" Family said...

Lyndsi, Your Dad's headstone is beautiful!!! Wow, I love the Family picture. It was so fun to see you guys, sorry that I didn't get a chance to sit down and chat with you. The weekend always just flies by. I am glad that we are connected through our blog so we can at least see what everyone is up to and keep in touch. We love you guys and we can't wait to see your yard. Love, Jodie

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend! I love Tai Pan, oh my gosh. I could spend hours in that store. Your weekend sounds very similar to ours with lots of yardwork and wishing it would last longer!

Amber said...

His headstone really is beautiful. I've never seen anything like it really. SO I'm so jealous. I love Tai Pan. Probably my favorite store in Utah. Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a good holiday. The flowers on your dad's grave are so beautiful by the way!

Colette said...

Beautiful headstone for your Dad. Your posts about your Dad make me cry. He truly was gone too soon! The rock saying "and only God knows why" sent tingles up my arm! I'm sure you miss him so much! What a great Dad!!