Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random...


Cole, Lexie, Mitch, Lyndsi, Taylor, Jason, Rachel, Chris (brother in law)
This is a picture with all my siblings. I can't believe how old my younger siblings are getting. I look back at pictures and think 'Where did all that time go'. The other day I was looking at pictures from my dads funeral and I can't believe how much they have changed just since then. That was 2 1/2 years ago. They have all grown in so many different ways and I am so proud of them. Taylor will be the only in-law to be in the family that will have known dad. That really means a lot because he can talk to all of the kids about different things that we did with dad. Like the day Jason, Mitch, Lexie, Cole, Taylor and I were on the boat with dad the day before he died. That is a memory I will cherish forever. I will never forget how much fun we had that day. In one aspect it seems like it was last week and in another it seems like it has been forever. I am just so glad that I have the gospel and know that I will see him again someday.
This is my bouquet at the wedding. The locket reads 'Daddy's little girl always & forever'. On the right is a picture of my dad. My friend Jessica made it for me to attach to my bouquet and I thought it was such a sweet thing for her to do. It is something that i will cherish forever.
My friends have influenced my life in so many ways. I am so grateful for them and all that they have done. Missy, Kate and Jess are such great friends. They have done so much for me. I am grateful to have them still today.

9 comments:

Steph said...

First of all, you are BEAUTIFUL--and especially in your wedding photos. That is so awesome that your husband was able to know your dad. I love that you have that locket in your bouquet. You really do have great friends.

Missy said...

This was such a nice post Lynds. I'm really glad that Taylor knew your dad too, I bet that means a lot. That was so sweet of Jess to give you that locket. Love you Lynds!

Judy said...

This touched my heart. You are so strong and amazing. To go through a wedding without your dad was difficult, but you know with all your heart you will be together someday. He is with you always. And he is SO proud of you. Life is so difficult, but we are so blessed to have the knowledge we have.

manda baker said...

Jess was very grateful that she got to get a picture from your Grandma and make something special for you. You all have grown up so much. :) You have a huge heart Lynds and i love you!!

Rowbury Adventures said...

oh my gosh congrats on getting married I had no clue!! How fun.. hows life going and where are you living these days??

Michael and Jessica Terry said...

Oh my goodness, i am so glad you found me. I miss you so bad,i was so sad i couldnt make it to your reception, but your pics. are beautiful, you look amazing!!! But ya i am doing good getting ready to move to D.C. But i will be home next week, so i want to come see you!

Misty Myler said...

Congratulations YOU 2! Beautiful house I am jealous!

Summer Mortensen said...

Love the wedding photo since i didn't get to make it to your reception :( I'm glad that you found our blog, and hopefully Rach will get one going so i can keep up on the both of you! How you liking married life anyways? Congrats on your house too, we can't wait for that day to come for us!

Michael and Jessica Terry said...

Ok i will call you. Me and my mom both want to come see you, if thats ok!! I am so excited to see you, its been way to long!!