Thursday, February 25, 2010

Maecie Lyn...






Maecie Lyn was born Feb 20th @ 1:46pm
6lbs 6oz

This is mostly for my record....you don't need to read on if you don't want to...

Friday at my Dr appt Dr Hall agreed to induce me since I was two days over and almost dilated to a 3. He told us to be at the hospital by 7am the next morning.

Taylor and I got to the hosptial at 7. We filled out all the paper work and they got my IV, penicillin, and pit started by 8am. Dr hall came in at 8:30 and broke my water. That was not the most pleasant experience I have ever had. I didn't have hard contractions until about 11. They gave me staydol (not sure how to spell that) at about 11:30, that made me feel super wierd, I will never get that again. It didn't take any pain away. They checked me and i was at a 4 and 100% effaced so they called the anesthetist in and he place my epidural around 12:30. After the epidural was placed (took about 20 min) I was already an 8 when they checked me before they put the catheter in! I couldn't believe I had progressed that much in 20 min. My nurse went out to call Dr Hall and let him know and about 15 min later I felt and enormous amount of pressure and so I had them go get me the nurse. She came in and I was already a 10. and Dr Hall wasn't at the hospital yet. We waited about 15 min until her arrived and I only had to do about 8 sets of pushing and she was here. She was a serious screamer. She screamed for about 20 min.
Taylor always said he wanted her to be a boy, now that she is here he wouldn't trade her for anything. He is wrapped around her finger already. She is a beautiful little girl.
When she was born she had a heart murmur because her heart didn't close when she took her first breath. but by the time we left the hospital it had closed. She has to be seen my a pediatric orthopedic surgeon because her pinky toes turn into her other toes slightly. They think its all mucsle and not bone so hopefully she won't have to have any type of surgery. The orthopedic surgeon from Boise won't be here for 4-6 weeks. Hopefully that goes well.

Day 4 and day 5 of life slept through the night. She is a very content baby. But when she needs something she will definatly let you know! She loves to be talked to. She has to be on her side to sleep. She LOVES her bouncer.

Yesterday when we took her to the Dr they said everything looks good with her but she isn't gaining her weight back yet, so she has to go back in friday. She is down to 5lbs 15 oz.

I am sure i left out quite a few details but I do love her so much. Its amazing how much you love them. She has brought so much joy into our home. Life is different, but in a good way.

We are grateful for the support of our friends and family in welcoming little Maecie into the world. We are grateful for the cleaning and the meals and all the help we have and are continuing to recieve!

I just sit and stare at her in the miracle that she is. I know that her Grandpa Dean took good care of her in heaven and her is continuing to watch over her now. I wish he was here to share this new journey in life with Taylor and I, But I know that he is watching over us. And he sees this precious little spirit we brought into this world. Love you dad.


18 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just thinking today about how your dad got to spend all the time before birth with little Maecie. That's a nice thought. :) And so true! She is just darling. So precious! I can only imagine how happy you guys are. I'm so excited for our turn. These little babies are the best! Congratulations! :)

Summer Mortensen said...

Just look at how tiny and precious she is!! She's SO adorable Lyndsi......seriously!! Hope all is going well for you guys as you adjust to the joys of parenthood now! I'm sure your dad is so proud of you as you start this new journey!! Congrats you guys, she is such a doll!!

The Clarks said...

congratulations, you guys!! she is beautiful! i'm glad things went well with the delivery and everything!

The Hatch family said...

oh she is super cute and so little! : ) im excited for you guys! congrats!!

Holly said...

She is SO beautiful! Absolutely perfect Lyndsi! We are glad everything is going well. You seem so adjusted, it took me forever to get into a groove when we got our sweet little kids! I have something for you, I might try to stop over tomorrow sometime if that's okay. :)

Colette said...

She's beautiful Lyndsi. I'm so happy for you guys. I love that blogging gives you the opportunity to document all of the memories and the things that they do. I really wish I would have had that when my kids were little. I'm sure that your Dad is very proud of the mother you are and I'll bet that Maecie was sent with a lot of love for you!

Rowbury Adventures said...

oh my goodness she is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats! I bet your just so happy she's here. I hope your doing so great, she is seriously so precious...

Unknown said...

I've been thinking a lot about how hard it is for you right now to not have your dad here for all of this, but I know that he was there with her before she came to you and that is so special. I know that he's so proud of you, Lynds. I know that you're an awesome mother because you always took such good care of your siblings. You're the best. I love Maecie so much; she is so sweet. I hope everything continues to go well. Can't wait to come see her again.

Steph said...

Oh, I've been waiting for this post! She is beautiful! I can't imagine having a baby that little. And I especially can't believe how quickly your labor progressed, especially since you were induced. What a blessing! I'm glad her heart is ok. Congrats!

Cody and Jill said...

SHe is sooooooooooooo cute congrats!!! i hope all is going well and that parenthood is great love to see more pictures of the little angle

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

She is beautiful! Can't wait to see her tomorrow! I am so happy for you that things went so well for your delivery! You guys are going to be WONDERFUL parents!

Ann said...

Oh she is sweet and beautiful and you are an excellent mother already. There is nothing like a new baby.

manda baker said...

Adorable,
Cant wait to finally come see her, stupid test ruined my plans.
She is super precious and I know your daddy is very proud. Love you Lynds
oh ya looks like ya won on the middle name, sorry tay ha ha :)

Shellie said...

Lyndsi it has been so precious watching you and Taylor be newbee parents! You are the best little parents! I love watching you with her! I love her so much already and can't believe how beautiful she is! Thank you so much for her and the precious gift she is too all of us! What joy babies bring! We are all changed for the good! I love being her Grandma and feel so blessed to have you all so close! Good job! Your dad did a good job preparing the perfect angel and that she is and he must be so so proud of you! She will have the best Guardian angel all of her life! Keep sending the daily pics to our phones, it's the best part of our days! It's great to see Grandpa Scott lose focus when he gets those darling pics! We Love you all Grandma Shellie Mae and Grandpa Scottie

chrisnbri said...

She is beautiful!I bet you are so glad she is finally here,can't wait to meet her!

Cathy Hanna said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! She is beautiful and I am so happy for you. Your post made me cry, I always felt my mom extra close to me when I had my babies, I always thought she got a hug right before they came. It is so nice to know that they are watching over us.
You sure make an adorable MOM!

Amber said...

Oh she is so sweet! Look at that dark skin too! She is beautiful. Congratulations!

Landon&Shauna said...

Congrats! She is so precious!