Monday, October 19, 2009

Moving belly...

I haven't blogged in quite a while. I still haven't gotten the ultrasound pictures downloaded to the computer. Mostly because I am feeling lazy. :) But I wanted to write this down so I don't forget...this weekend I was taking a bath and I got to watch my stomach move! I have been able to feel her for a few weeks now but it was awesome to watch her kick rather than just feeling it! Taylor is very anxious for her to get here! He just wants her here now. I tell him every day "but she is so much easier to take care of in my belly!" I really am very excited though!

Taylor and Scott have been working on the basement it's all framed and it is starting to get some character already! I can't wait to have that finished so I can move the office downstairs and work on the nursery. Tate ,our dog, hates the staple gun so he jumps on my lap everytime it goes off! If I am not sitting so he can jump on me he will go hide in the closet. It's quite comical. So much for a guard dog, huh!

This weekend we are heading to Utah with our friends, Coleman and Randi, to look for some cars and go to Frightmare's (Randi and i won't be going on many rides). It will be a nice little getaway for us. We went to dinner and mini golfing this weekend with them and had some fun. I am sure it will be just as fun this weekend.

My sister, Rachel, has 7 weeks left. well it might actually be 6 now, but we are so excited. Her pregnancy went be so fast (too me alteast, if you ask her it's been far too long). We are excited to finally meet her little boy!!

What are all your opinions on the swine flu shot? My Dr. is telling me to get one. There are so many risks of getting one and so many for not getting one as a pregnant woman. What are all of you doing? I am going through hand sanitizer like a mad woman and thanks to HOLLY I will be using the mini Lysol too!

Hope you all have a great week! When I get out of my laziness I will download the pictures from the ultrasounds.

13 comments:

Steph said...

You're not being lazy. Think of all that you are accomplishing: growing eyes, ears, nose, etc. . . YOU'RE A BUSY, PRODUCTIVE GIRL! It's so fun when you can feel/see them move! Very exciting. It is definitely easier to take care of them inside, but it will get old. :) For now, enjoy feeling her move.

Kristin said...

I would definitely get the swine flu shot! After having it and seeing the doctor today it's definitely worth the risk to get the flu shot!!! I am glad to hear your pregnancy is going well :)

Missy said...

That's so fun to be able to feel your baby move so much; it just really makes it seem so real! I'm glad that you are feeling a lot better now. That will be so fun to get your nursery all ready; I'm sure that it will be adorable. Love ya Lyndsi!

Missy said...

Oh and about the swine flu shot, I definitely think you should get it since you're pregnant. I know it's kind of a hard decision with all the risks and side effects, but I'm going to get one at work and I want Jacoby to.

Holly said...

EEK! How fun to see your belly moving, I can't even imagine how amazing that would be!

How fun that you are finishing your basement! I def. need to come see your cute house!

I don't know about the vaccine, I just think it's too new, too many unknowns. I tend to be more on the holistic health side though, I like to try the natural things first, and then go to the medical field. It's just whatever feels right to you I think.

Have fun on your little trip this weekend!

Have fun at

Elise said...

Don't get it! I think is more hurt than help. I know 5 ppl that have got the swine flu shot and they have ALL got swine flu! I think you have better chances just using hand sanitizer like crazy and staying healthy! So glad to hear your pregnancy is going well! Have fun at Frightmares! we went last weekend and it was fun, but very chilly. Love ya

manda baker said...

Awh I cant wait for your girl to get here, and Rachs boy!! Whoo! I will for sure be there for them :]
Tate, what a man ha ha. I miss those two goobers!

Judy said...

Sorry you have to decide on the shot. I think it is a hard decision. But they are saying it is as safe as the other flu shot. Poor you for having to decide. I say pray about it. Love you guys!

Colette said...

Oh the shot, that's a good question. Personally I'm holding off just cause it makes me a little nervous, but I'm not pregnant though. Sometimes downloading pictures takes too long, especially since I have to do it on our slower computer. Hope your weekend was fun, sounds like it would be. I'll bet your baby's nursery will be SO cute!

Ann said...

I've been keeping track a little of you and the baby through your blog and facebook. I saw Rachel one day at swimming and she looks so cute pregnant. I didn't know that she was expecting as well. They will be such good friends. Can't wait to see this cute little girl in person.

chelseyandmatt said...

I just typed a novel on here, and it didn't go through!!! AAAA...anyway, Awesome you got to see her move, probably the greatest thing huh? It sounds like you are doing well, and not to push you along, because YOU DESERVE to be LAZyy right now (plenty of non-lazy days after she is born) but I would LOVE to see some pictures, and of your belly :) Since I can't see you, all I get is pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyndsi! I made a new blog, just for fun stuff that I come up with, so be sure to add me! its always so fun to talk to you :) Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

Amber said...

I work at a hospital and I'm stil not sure about the whole swine flu shot. I got a regular flu shot but I don't know, it seems risky. It is probably good to get it but deep down I don't know enough about it. ALTHOUGH... everyone who is pregnant should get it. Anyway, I need to see some belly pics!!